Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc
  • Accounting
  • St. Louis, MO, USA
  • Full Time

Midwest Industrial Rubber, Inc.

MIR is the premier independent, specialty fabricator and distributor of light weight conveyor belting and accessories in North America. MIR was founded in January 1980 in response to the needs of manufacturing facilities to have in-plant expertise, as well as access to products and services that minimize downtime and increase productivity. Our focus is on providing value-added products and services through our 14 full service sales and fabrication facilities located across the U.S. Our corporate headquarters is in St. Louis, Missouri. 

Over the years, we have expanded across America as more and more of our customers requested service in close proximity to their facilities. We have customers in food processing, paper converting & print, package handling, plastics & metals, distribution & warehouse, and other general industries. We continue to expand our customer base by adding innovative, continuous improvement initiatives, and overall value-added services that remain unparalleled to our market competitors.

Job Profile

 Job Title: Accounts Receivable 

Reports To: Controller  


Summary:  Records, verifies, and maintains accounts receivable information by performing the following duties.


Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include any of the following. Other duties may be assigned.


Accounts Receivable & Customer Service

  • Prepare Excel reports using data from ERP system.
  • Record and Reconcile daily bank deposits and ACH Payments accurately and efficiently.
  • Process daily credit card transactions and record in Customer Accounts
  • Interact extensively with customers and MIR branch employees in a courteous manner.
  • Utilize customer service skills to contact customers regarding open invoices and payment status via email and telephone.
  • Work closely with various branch locations to investigate and resolve A/R discrepancies.
  • Customer Portal Set-Up and Training
  • Set-Up, Maintain and Update Customer Accounts.

General Accounting

  • Assist in monthly and annual closings
  • Prepare Journal Entries
  • Exposure to Sales Tax Returns
  • Metrics Reporting
  • Work with the Controller to investigate, correct, and follow up on any inaccuracies identified.
  • Opportunity for Accounting Projects as Needed


  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
  • Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
  • Time management.
  • Proficient in Microsoft Office.
  • Confidence and Efficiency while working with numbers.
  • Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
  • Interpersonal and team skills.
  • Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
  • Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
  • Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.

Education and Experience:  Up to 2 years related customer service or accounting experience preferred.  Experience with Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.  High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.


 MIR's Benefits

Our unwavering commitment to our employees has always been at the heart of our business, and we believe it is the key to our success. A skilled, educated and enthusiastic workforce is the best asset any company can have, and we value our employees' potential for growth. To help our employees reach their goals, MIR offers tuition assistance and in-house training. And we promote from within, offering our employees opportunities for both internal advancement and relocation.


While we've grown significantly over the years, MIR is also proud to still have a small business atmosphere that values warmth and personal attention. You'll never be just an employee number at MIR each of our employees holds a valued place in our organization.

Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.

To highlight a few:

Medical Insurance: MIR pays 90% of the premium for employee-only coverage, leaving only 10% for the employee to pay for.  We also offer family coverage and 10% of the premium is covered by MIR.

Long Term Disability: MIR pays 100% of the cost for each employee's long term disability coverage.

401k: MIR contributes 3% of an employees salary. The employee is not required to match or contribute to receive the MIR contribution of 3%.

Tuition Reimbursement: MIR reimburses up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of employment, for Undergraduate AND Graduate education.


Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc
  • Apply Now

  • * Fields Are Required

    What is your full name?

    How can we contact you?

    I agree to AAIM's Applicant Information Use Policy.*
  • Sign Up For Job Alerts!

  • Share This Page
Logo Home Industries Products Value Added Services Careers About Us Continuous Improvement Locations