Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc
  • Sales - St. Louis
  • St. Louis, MO, USA
  • Full Time

Midwest Industrial Rubber, Inc.

 

MIR is the fastest growing independent, specialty fabricator and distributor of light weight conveyor belting and accessories in North America. Our focus is on providing value-added products and services through our 28 full-service sales and fabrication facilities located across the U.S. Our corporate headquarters is in St. Louis, Missouri.  

 

We have customers in food processing, paper converting & print, package handling, plastics & metals, distribution & warehouse, and other general industries. We continue to expand our company and our customer base by adding innovative, continuous improvement initiatives, and overall value-added services that remain unparalleled to our market competitors.

 

Job Description

 

Job Title:              Industrial Sales Representative Trainee

Reports To:          Sales Manager

 

SUMMARY sells conveyor belting and industrial rubber products at customer's place of business by performing the following duties:

 

PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.

 

Training

  • In-house training in production shop and inside sales provided ranging 6-12 months.
  • Inside Sales and Outside Sales Training: This will include, but not be limited to: fabrication, shipping and receiving, surveys and installations along with customer communication, vendor contacts, and marketing.

Sales

  • Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to develop business; Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.

Surveys and Quotes

  • Prepares surveys of customer's equipment and product needs; Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts for business obtained; Works with inside sales representatives and other support staff to keep account activities up to date.

Sales Management

  • In addition to the above duties, the industrial sales representative is responsible for the quality and quantity of work processed for customers assigned to their territories; Responsible for all customer related tasks not specifically assigned to the production manager, office manager, inside sales or branch manager; Responsible for timely submission of necessary information for National Account reporting purposes.

Maintain Professionalism

  • Projects a professional and courteous demeanor when communicating with supervisors, co-workers, staff, customers and suppliers.

Education

  • Bachelor's Degree, preferred

Physical Requirements

  • On a regular basis, lifting of average or heavy weight materials over 75 lbs., occasional bending, 

Valid driver's license required

MIR's Benefits

Our unwavering commitment to our employees has always been at the heart of our business, and we believe it is the key to our success. A skilled, educated and enthusiastic workforce is the best asset any company can have, and we value our employees' potential for growth. To help our employees reach their goals, MIR offers tuition assistance and in-house training. And we promote from within, offering our employees opportunities for both internal advancement and relocation.

While we've grown significantly over the years, MIR is also proud to still have a small business atmosphere that values warmth and personal attention. You'll never be just an employee number at MIR each of our employees holds a valued place in our organization.

Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.

Medical Insurance: MIR pays 90% of the premium for employee-only coverage, leaving only 10% for which the employee is responsible to pay.  We also offer family coverage where 10% of the premium is covered by MIR.

Long Term Disability: MIR pays 100% of the cost for each employee's long term disability coverage.

401k: MIR contributes 3% of an employee's salary to the 401(k) plan. The employee is NOT required to match or contribute to receive the MIR contribution of 3%.

Tuition Reimbursement: MIR reimburses up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of employment, for Undergraduate AND Graduate education.  

Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc
  • Apply Now

  • * Fields Are Required

    What is your full name?

    How can we contact you?

  • Sign Up For Job Alerts!

.
logo News Careers Locations Industries Services & Products Why MIR Learning Center Contact